donderdag 10 april 2014

It's the start of a new story

It's been years since I last had a blog, and my GOD a lot has changed.

I'm no longer that 16-year-old who just stumbled on American pop culture and was forever changed - but I can still credit a lot of who I am today to that one decision to join a forum about Lost. Yes, surprisingly philosophical for a show that holds the top spot for "terrible endings". However, if I had not joined that forum and met these wonderful people, I doubt I would have pursued this path in life.

After this, I fell in love with American pop culture - and the theory that is involved. So I studied it. Years and years - and years - of studying later, I finally have my Master's Degree in North-American Studies. I'll accept applause, thanks, because fucking finally.

I'm still a mess, and yeah, I'm working on that, and I'm still growing and learning.

Most importantly, I'm still writing. I owe a lot of my love for fanfiction to Jason Parr - a talented writer I still believe will be published someday. Right now, I'm writing a mix of both fanfic and original stuff, and this blog will revolve mostly around the original stuff and random stories about my life.

Try not to fall asleep ;)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten